Mission, Vision and Mandate of the Municipality
Safe, inclusive and sustainable development.
To facilitate the realization of a progressive Municipality through the provision of quality urban services which promote environmental sustainability.
PURSUANT to Article 5 of the Kilifi Municipal Charter, the following functions are to be undertaken by the Kilifi Municipality.
- Promotion, regulation and provision of refuse collection and solid waste management services;
- Construction and maintenance of storm drainage and flood controls;
- Construction and maintenance of walkways and other non- motorized transport infrastructure;
- Construction and maintenance of recreational parks and green spaces;
- Construction and maintenance of street lighting;
- Construction, maintenance, and regulation of traffic controls and parking facilities;
- Construction and maintenance of bus stands and taxi stands;
- Construction and maintenance of fire stations; provision of fire- fighting services, emergency preparedness, and disaster management;
- Promotion, regulation, and provision of animal control and welfare; and
- Municipal administration services (including construction and maintenance of administrative offices).