Design build of commercial and non-motorized transport (NMT) street upgrading at Barani (2018/ 2019 FY)
Before the project was constructed, Thuva road was a rough, damaged dirt road with sections of it being impassable during the rainy season while during the dry season the area suffered dust pollution blown up by the motor vehicles passing through it.
The area was also not well lit at night and the security for the economic activities that were found there was not guaranteed and at the onset of darkness most shops and other business would close early.
To address this challenge and raise the socio economic status for the inhabitants of the road, the NMT project was mooted.
Benefits of the project
- Increased business opportunities created by the extended business hours and conducive environment
- The general aesthetics of the area shall be highly boosted and the neighborhood made pleasant to live in
- Security shall be enhanced due to the enhanced activities and street lights
- Property value along the road shall be appreciate
- The area shall be opened up to new businesses and investors attracted by the attractive street